Tuesday, July 28, 2009

All Too Human





The subject is never a novelty, nor is the idea. This, however, is my own variation of it. The pale-looking one was a shot before this work was red-washed lightly to improve its tone and earthly theme. I realized from this work how color-washing, as a technique, can make wonders. So, here it is - the before and after.

July 26, 2009 - 5:30AM at manic-mode.

Acrylic on canvas panel.

Duration: 2 hours.

(Kat Usita, thanks for correcting my English. lol!)

7 comments:

  1. I don't know Unlce BJ that much... but it's very conspicuous that he has great passion for wisdom and art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Just really a classic type of guy :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work as usual, BJ. I super envy how you have the time, energy and inspiration to work on your art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time - i have an ample to waste
    energy - so-so
    inspiration - you might want to think twice about wanting what i have.

    Thanks, Kat, for dropping by. Graduating this yaer,e? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your style. This is a revelation of another side of your many talents. I think your art exudes your many-splendored interests. I like your choice of colors. It is an experience.

    --- coaureus

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr. Aureus - it feels awesome seeing you dropping by. Your comment is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete